Monday, April 11, 2005

Just Be Patient

Traffic on the way to work sucked this morning. But do you know what is worse than traffic? How about when you get frustrated with the traffic and decide that taking the shortcut through the Walgreen's parking lot will be faster than being patient and waiting for the light to turn green only to get stuck trying to cross the road for like 10 minutes. That isnt even the bad part. The worst part of the entire situation is when all of the people that you were in line with at the light saw you get pissed and swerve over to the parking lot to take the shortcut. Then as you try to cross the road, the light that you were originally waiting for has already turned green and they end driving by and looking at you like you are some kind of an idiot. You can almost hear the thoughts that are going through their heads: "Yeah look at you. If you just had some patience you would be on your way just like the rest of us. But instead, you are going to have to sit there and wait like the impatient jack ass that you are." I know I am an idiot sometimes, but I really could live without the unapproving looks from all of you evil, mini-van driving, more patient than me people.

5 Comments:

Anonymous actionBERG said...

You need to take it from me and learn to relax and be calm while driving. It makes it a much more pleasurable experience. Just remember, plan ahead and you won't have to worry about traffic, b/c you will have left early enough for it not to make a difference.

Those are the words I live by.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I know that feeling and I only have to go 4.2 miles to work and I still try to make it shorter, but those damn people on Beltline drive so slow! It's just one of those days!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Mikey-D said...

Berg...I have driven with you on several occasions and you are full of it. Yes, you are a good driver. No, you are not calm while doing it.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous actionBERG said...

Don't hate tha playa, hate tha game.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Charlie said...

That is too, too funny. I am one of those people looking at the impatient person who passes me, just to have me pass him by as he is stuck behind a line of traffic on a slow lane. What can I say, there's some degree of intuition involved. ;)

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home