Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Should Teach You a Lesson

Have you ever seen somebody do something so stupid that you just wanted to teach them a lesson? Today at Starbucks, I was sitting oustide when this woman came speeding up to the curb, slammed her car into park, left the engine running, door open, and infant child in the back seat. She then ran inside to get napkins or something. She was in there for a good 2 minutes. Are you really in that big of a hurry? I mean what if Angie and I had been players in the human trafficking game? We would have scored an infant child and a 2002 Nissan Maxima all in one swoop. I wanted to show this lady a lesson, but I think I could get into a little trouble for stealing a child and a car. A little trouble like 5-10 in the slammer where I might have something stolen from my backseat. But it might have been worth it to see the look on that lady's face when she came back out. You can never be in so much of a hurry that it is alright to leave your baby in a running, unlocked vehicle. Maybe next time you see me, I will have an "adopted" child and a new car. Who knows.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Mike...why didn't you tell the truth..come on, I can hear the baby crying in your office, and the car, you know it's in the garage! ONLY KIDDING! SERIOUSLY though, who the HELL does such a thing?! First of all, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and secondly, leaving a child in a running car, with the door ajar, even something to question?! NO I don't think so... You get the point I'm sure!

As for the truth...just ask Mike, an his new little friend.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home